Saturday, August 29, 2009

A particularly bad streak

[I sought out to make this story sound light, funny, and humorous - but having re-read it I realize that it has quite the opposite effect. If you are feeling down in the dumps in any way - I recommend redirecting yourself to wherever you usually go on the internet for fun and whimsy - otherwise, proceed at your own depression-inducing risk.]

23 minutes. That's about how much time Husband and I have spent together since Monday night. Here's how it has gone down . . .

On Tuesday morning he kissed me goodbye (1 minute) and left the house around 4:30 - way before I was awake. He was on-call Tuesday night, and got home around 1:00 pm on Wednesday - while I was at work. By the time I got home from work he was passed out on the couch. I moved him up to the bed (5 minutes) and then made myself some dinner. I got into bed around 9:30, he woke up around 10:00 and went downstairs for dinner of his own. I'm assuming that we slept in the same bed - but I really wouldn't know because he was out of the house on Thursday before I woke up. (Although he does kiss me goodbye every morning - so we'll add another minute)

He had call again on Thursday night. He got home around 2:30 pm on Friday (of course, while I was at work). Rinse and repeat. He was sleeping when I got home. I ate dinner while he slept on the couch. By the time he arose to fix himself something to eat for dinner, I was already in bed. We did talk for about 10 minutes before I fell asleep on Friday night . . .

And now it's Saturday. Not sure what time he left this morning - but I definitely remember waking up to use the bathroom while he got dressed, I'm sure we said "goodmorning" or something of the sort (1 minute). He has call AGAIN tonight . . . which means the next time I will see him will be Sunday morning. (But only briefly, before he goes back to bed.)

Normally we'd be up to only 18 minutes . . . BUT on Thursday I went to the hospital during lunch to visit one of my students who broke his femur during a football scrimmage. I paged Husband when I got there and he was able to sit with me for about 5 minutes while I wolfed down a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. He paid for my lunch and even got up to get me a lemonade refill - it was our most romantic (read: only) meal together all week. I loved all 5 minutes of it :)

1 comment:

Jules said...

This too shall pass...but boy does it sound like it sucks right now!