Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Confection Confessions

I recently got an email from a good friend and former colleague. She wrote that chocolate from an event we did one year ago had turned up in the office and she was ashamed to report that she was eating it.

Be not ashamed. . . I can totally beat that.
At the lower school, they collect Halloween candy in November from the kids to donate to those less fortunate. So naturally the kids (and moms) pick out all the good stuff like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and 3Musketeers for themselves and they donate things like Jolly Ranchers and Mary Janes. (At this exact moment - my mom is saying, outloud to no one in particular, "I LOVE Mary Janes." She is the only one.)

Apparently the less fortunate kids (whoever they are . . . I'm not sure about this part of the story) can only accept so much candy - so the rest of the reject candy (the REJECT rejects - so to speak) are sitting in the Chaplains office hidden behind his couch.

On a DAILY basis, I go into his office (it's next to mine) and rummage through this enormous box of reject-reject candy looking for a tiny morsel of goodness that I can enjoy. Every once in a while I find a gem - but mostly I end up wasting calories on things like Mystery-flavor Dum-dum lollypops.

So enjoy the year-old chocolate with pride . . . and if you are looking for old Tootsie Rolls - I know where to find some.

2 comments:

DSI said...

we are true sisters.

Anonymous said...

If you can score any Mary Janes from the chaplains office, I don't think it would be a sin to bring me some when you come to Atlanta.

I really laughed as I was speaking as I was reading my words.