[I started this about a week ago and never finished . . . so it's a little out-dated. In the end, I was sick for a total of about 18 days . . . but I'm all better now.]
I've been sick for 16 days. I'm pretty much sick of being sick. Today at work a colleague recommended that I do a sinus rinse with saline solution. Ironically, husband had a sample of a product called NeilMed Sinus Rinse in his car (don't ask.) If you've never heard of a sinus rinse, you basically squirt a large amount of saline solution up your nostril at a constant rate, while leaning over the sink and breathing through your mouth. The saline solution flushes through your sinus and - get this - comes out the other nostril!
Husband was fairly certain I was going to drown myself in the kitchen sink.
It worked AMAZINGLY. I'm serious. Life-changing. If you can get over the temporary sense of being underwater - it is a fantastic treatment. It cleaned out all the "gunk" and germs and stuff that collects in your nasal cavity and sinuses when you get sick. [It should be noted that I'm the type of person that appreciates gunk-removal of any kind. I like washing the crusty toothpaste from the inside of the electric toothbrush. I enjoy cleaning the refrigerator. Once a week I spray the "air-in-a-can" on my laptop keyboard to make sure all the minuscule dirt and particles are gone. Not vital information . . . but probably good perspective in light of my glowing recommendation of the Sinus Rinse.]
Now I have become that obnoxious person who is trying to spread the gospel of sinus rinse to everyone that I know.
My workout buddy feels like she's coming down with a cold? Sinus Rinse.
A coworker is seen carrying around tissues? Sinus Rinse.
I heard someone sneeze in the grocery store the other day and it was all I could do not to chase her down the frozen food aisle with the squeeze bottle in one hand and the convenient pre-measured saline packs in the other.
If you are considering trying a sinus rinse - shoot me an email. I'm (obviously) happy to share my experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mark wants to know if you will share your sinus rinse with him.
Post a Comment