Needless to say, my Costco chairs were NOT delivered within the 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. window in which they were promised. When I called the dispatcher at the delivery company (at 1:02 p.m.) she said that the driver had gotten backed up in Highlands, NC . . . something about a road not having a truck route. This set him 4 hours behind schedule.
When I expressed my INCREDIBLE frustration she retorted "Well ma'am, I'm not exactly sure what you expected us to do."
Are you kidding me?? I expected you to CALL me (on one of the FOUR phone numbers you have listed with my account) and let me know that there has been a back up and I shouldn't be expecting the chairs until after 4:00 p.m.
To add insult to injury - the driver lost the directions to our house, so I had to give him directions over the phone from Anderson, SC (for those without a map nearby, that's nowhere near our house). I'm not sure what his native language was - but his English was still a bit shaky. As I spelled the name of our street for the third time, I felt certain that my Costco chairs were destined to spend the rest of eternity on the back of this man's truck.
Amazingly, they arrive around 5:15 p.m. And the drop off would have been without incident if it hadn't been for the fact that the man didn't have a dolley - so Ben had to help him unload the boxes from the truck. Oy vey.
Here they are - in all their glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment