Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday playdate

Today we scheduled a little play outing with my friend Christy and her son Holden.
The plan: Meet at Barnes and Noble for story time at 11:00 and then lunch.

The reality: Got to Barnes and Noble at 11:05 since I had to feed her before we left and it took longer than expected. When I picked her up from her carseat I could smell something afoul. She usually has one big poop in the morning and this was definitely it. The morning poop often results in "back-splash" (when the poop creeps up the back of the diaper and creates a tell-tale stain on the back of her clothes.) So I held her close against my chest to avoid any back leakage and headed straight for the B&N bathroom. It was there that I realized that we had avoided back-splash, but only in exchange for the much rarer front-splash. And since I was holding her against my chest - I had poop all over my shirt.

Managed to get her onto the changing table without smearing said poop all over the place. Changed her diaper. Had to figure out a way to try and remove the poop from my shirt - but I had no place to put her down since I had left the carseat in the car and was just planning on holding her during story time. While holding her in a football hold attempting to move her to the sink area without placing her against my poop-shirt, she spit up all over my pants. I laid her down on the changing mat on the counter and held her with one hand while I unsuccessfully tried to wash my own shirt with the other. The spit-up blended well into the khaki pants so that was less of a concern.

Needless to say, we missed story time. I was able to carry her out in the baby sling to avoid displaying my stained shirt. We still went to lunch with Christy and Holden . . . she sat in the car seat and I wore the sling as a decorative poop-covering sash.

All in all - very funny day. And it's only 3:00. I don't know how people without a sense of humor ever raise children!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love this story because you didn't let a little baby poop on your shirt spoil your day. Fearless moma! Doing it all with style:)

Christina said...

*Momma