Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In Awe (and awwww . . . )

Way back in March (which seems like forever ago), our dear friends Matthew and Christina came to visit Baby Lola. Ben and Matthew lived together throughout medical school, with Christina and I each joining into the arrangement when we were married or engaged respectively. They are now living in Columbia, SC - where Christina is pursuing her artistic passions (you know how there is some personal passion you always wish you were doing instead of your real job? Christina actually went out and did that something. She is my hero.)

Anyhow, she a beautiful photographer and took this picture while they were up here. She was working with an older 35 mm camera (I think that's what it was . . . . CTC - correct me if I'm wrong) - remember those? Involving real film and a dark room and various chemical solutions?

Anyhow - I just loved how the picture turned out because it really captured the love and awe that Ben and I continue to have everyday for this beautiful new creature in our lives.

This is a scan of the image. To see more of Christina's beautiful art.

2 comments:

Catie Murphy said...

Lauren, you should definitely have this photo blown up and framed in your home. It is exquisite. Somehow the gift of such images is so priceless and truly captures a time in life. I am so glad that you have this!

Christina said...

I promise, I'm in the process of getting you a copy. I just bought a matte cutter and have had some success in framing work properly. I'm so glad you like it so much!