I had the most amazing first mother's day ever! The only down side was that Ben was on call this weekend, so we didn't get to spend the day together. Instead, Lola and I headed down to Atlanta to spend the weekend with MY mom (and entire family).
My parents are head-over-heels in love with Lola (as are we all :) We went for a walk at the river on Sunday morning and they were literally stopping people that they barely knew to show her off. My dad made no bones about it - he didn't even attempt small talk and wait for someone to comment. You'd just hear him shout out, "Jim, hey - it's Michael Habif - we met at a party in 1992 - come meet my grandbaby!"
We got to have dinner with the entire family on Sunday night at Grandma Susie's and it was a beautiful outdoor celebration. When we returned home, I got an extended Mother's Day with a beautiful card and roses from Ben (and Lola). I also got my "push present" from Ben. (A gift to celebrate Lola's birth.) It's a gorgeous ring for my right hand with Lola's birthstone (aquamarine). My own mom has a right-hand ring that my dad gave to her when I was born that she wears to this day. The best part is that the band can be stacked with others (hopefully) in the future :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment