It is 8:45 p.m. In one hour I am heading to the Amtrak train station to meet up with 70ish 9th graders for the 9th grade Mystery Trip.
The Mystery Trip is a school ritual that started several years ago - when the school decided to get all the 9th graders and 12 chaperones together for some good-old-fashion-misery.
We leave for our mystery destination around 11:00 PM on a train. The students don't know where we are headed. (If you are wondering how their parents let them board a train without knowing its final destination, then your guess is as good as mine.)
The train ride is 11 hours long. We arrive at our destination in the morning and spend the day in the super secret location. And by "day," I mean about 9 hours.
We then TURN BACK AROUND and head back (11 hours) to Greenville overnight on the train.
A colleague asked if I wanted her to pack some extra Dramamine for me - I told her only if she was bringing liquor to wash it down with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment