Many of you have inquired about how the Magical (Masochistic) Mystery Tour with the 9th graders went. Truth be told - we had a pretty good time. I'd never been on a train before (unless you count the MetroNorth that runs from NYC to Westchester :) Plenty of leg room, nice reclining seats . . . dare I say, downright comfortable. Our group took up two cars of the train - the caboose - which housed 60 students, and then the second-to-last car, which held the remaining 30 students AND 30 normal-train-riding-passengers (who are likely all in therapy now).
The students loved the train ride more than they enjoyed D.C. Show them historical monuments representing centuries of heroes, memorials, and freedom - and they are struggling to stay awake. But put them on a train for 11 hours and they couldn't be happier.
We actually had a private tour of the Capitol Building where we were allowed to walk out onto the floor of the House. But when asked what their favorite part of the trip was - they enthusiastically replied "The Dining Car."
I got home at 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning and slept until about 2:00 p.m. (Had to go into work for the afternoon). Between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights - I probably got about 30 hours of sleep - so its safe to say that I'm all caught up. Just in time for another crazy week at work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment