Thursday, December 2, 2010

Publix Mishegas - Part II

An Open Letter to the Manager of Publix - Mauldin Location

Dear Manager,
First off, I want to commend the you for having a section of Jewish goods at all. Considering the fact that I believe myself, my husband, and my child to be the only three Jewish people living in the city of Mauldin, I am grateful for the cultural sensitivity that you show by dedicating even a few shelves to Manischewitz and matzah balls.

That being said, I also feel it my duty to explain a few seasonal concepts. This month, we celebrate Hannukah. Imagine Christmas, but with fewer elves and more guilt. During this holiday, you should have Hannukah candles and potato latke mix available. Go ahead and stock up now, if the stuff doesn't sell, just store it in the back until next year. Neither product goes bad. Ever.

It is not, however, necessary to have matzah available. It's not a year-round sort of product. We only need the matzah for Passover, which is typically in March/April. Think Easter, but with fewer bunnies and more minced fish. We need the matzah then, and only then. You can store any surplus boxes in the back after April, it doesn't go bad either. Ever.

Once again I am so appreciate that you devote any shelf space at all to our bizarre culinary needs.

Shalom.

2 comments:

Georjajim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Georjajim said...

Jim Warren sez: This is so funny. I was so tickled I thought I would plotz!