Friday, December 10, 2010

Girls Day Out

I took Lola to the Christmas celebration at my school today. She was enthralled with watching the students and she loved all the music. She was a big hit with the kids and it was a nice chance to get out of the house in this cold weather. My friend Lillian snapped this picture as we watched the students file into the dining hall. Lola's latest facial expressions are a bit heavy on the tongue - and this pictures seems to be capturing it in action.
When we got home, I made latkes. I know that Hannukah ended this week, but I had purchased all the ingredients and had promised Ben I would make them, so better late than never. Incredibly time intensive (and unbelievably messy) to prepare, they actually turned out pretty well. I suppose I was subconsciously trying to counterbalance our Christmas adventure from earlier the day.

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Y'all are so beautiful! A great photo! One day I'd love to try those latkes!