I called Publix (in advance) to ask if they carried Hannukah candles. (Since it is cold, and I had Lola in the car, and I'd rather not unload her and bundle her up only to get there and discover they don't have the only item I am looking for.)
The woman put me on hold to go check. (This is a good sign . . . she is going to verify that they are in stock.) She tells me "Yes ma'am, we have two kinds." No red flags went up for me because I figured she meant a box of blue and a box of variety colors. Who knows? Greenville is growing more progressive by the day.
When I got to Publix (and got Lola out of the carseat, and wriggled her into her jacket, and hauled her into the store) I discovered that the "two kinds" of candles were Shabbat candles and Yahrzeit candles. Both of which, may I say, I'm impressed that they carry. But neither of which were going to fit in any menorah!
Mission unaccomplished. Chunky birthday candles will have to work until mom and dad can get here from Atlanta.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment