Sunday, November 15, 2009

Censorship

Warning: This will likely only make sense if you listen to country music
When I hear the new Zac Brown Band song "Toes" on the radio, they have changed the chorus ("I've got my toes in the water, my ass in the sand") so that they don't sing "ass" and instead just say "toes" again ("I've got my toes in the water, toes in the sand").
But when the song gets to the line about "Gonna lay in the hot sun and roll a big fat one" - there is no effort to change the wording.

I suppose that while a blatant pot-smoking reference is A-OK, saying "ass" on the radio is an censor-worthy issue.

1 comment:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

I actually heard one of the stations here censor the "fat" out of that part of the song. So...I guess saying "rolling a big - one" doesn't indicate anything negative. Sure, no one would get that at all.