From SCRATCH. I mean I mixed the dough, peeled the apples, sliced them into a million pieces and put the whole she-bang together like a real baker! A good friend of my family's gave me this recipe for "Your-Mother-In-Law-will-love-you Apple Pie" at my bridal shower 4 years ago - and I finally decided to attempt it yesterday. It took the better part of the afternoon to make, but it turned out great and I was incredibly proud of myself. (Perhaps more than one should be for an accomplishment involving pie.) The best part was, we had good friends that happened to be driving through Greenville last night and they made an impromptu visit. "Welcome to our home. Oh, that delicious smell wafting through the air? Just a freshly baked homemade pie warming in the oven. Care for a slice?"Monday, September 28, 2009
As American as Apple Pie
I made this.
From SCRATCH. I mean I mixed the dough, peeled the apples, sliced them into a million pieces and put the whole she-bang together like a real baker! A good friend of my family's gave me this recipe for "Your-Mother-In-Law-will-love-you Apple Pie" at my bridal shower 4 years ago - and I finally decided to attempt it yesterday. It took the better part of the afternoon to make, but it turned out great and I was incredibly proud of myself. (Perhaps more than one should be for an accomplishment involving pie.) The best part was, we had good friends that happened to be driving through Greenville last night and they made an impromptu visit. "Welcome to our home. Oh, that delicious smell wafting through the air? Just a freshly baked homemade pie warming in the oven. Care for a slice?"
From SCRATCH. I mean I mixed the dough, peeled the apples, sliced them into a million pieces and put the whole she-bang together like a real baker! A good friend of my family's gave me this recipe for "Your-Mother-In-Law-will-love-you Apple Pie" at my bridal shower 4 years ago - and I finally decided to attempt it yesterday. It took the better part of the afternoon to make, but it turned out great and I was incredibly proud of myself. (Perhaps more than one should be for an accomplishment involving pie.) The best part was, we had good friends that happened to be driving through Greenville last night and they made an impromptu visit. "Welcome to our home. Oh, that delicious smell wafting through the air? Just a freshly baked homemade pie warming in the oven. Care for a slice?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment