Friday, January 2, 2009

Vacation Elation

I've been on vacation from work since December 19. You know how everyone says they could never exit the workforce because they would be bored out of their minds and miss the intellectual stimulation? That is SO NOT ME. I have enjoyed my break to the highest degree. I run errands. I cook dinner. I open the mail on the same day it arrives. I file the bills in their appropriate folders instead of just piling them on top of the file cabinet. I meet friends for lunch. I keep a clean house. I could get used to this.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and I return to work on Monday. I suppose that pesky concept of a salary will keep me going back for some time. Oh yeah, and the intellectual stimulation.

In the meantime - husband and I have been incredibly productive during my holiday sabbatical. I/We painted the dining room, purchased two pieces of art for the house (and by "art" I mean Pier One reproductions of art), bought and installed new lighting for the living room (HUGE difference), printed wedding photos for display, purchased frames for said wedding photos . . . the list goes on.

Tomorrow we hang floating shelves in the living room and finish the surround sound install. Before and After pictures to come soon. Counting down the days until Spring Break!

No comments: