Thursday, January 15, 2009

From 'Ville to Shining 'Ville

Super excited. That's how I would describe my feelings about my upcoming weekend jaunt to Louisville.

Ok. . . perhaps not the cosmopolitan mecca or blissful tropical getaway that most folks hope for in a vacation - but Louisville brings a different kind of wonderful. Namely, a chance to reconnect with my wonderful friend (and mentor) Alyssa, her husband Bill, her three children, and good friends Mara, Josh, and Chris. It's a smorgasbord of friends and nostalgia. And I can't wait.

The only boo-hiss about the weekend is that it's the only weekend this month that Husband has off of work - and I'll be missing it! While we are both crushed to lose the time together, I think he is secretly looking forward to an entire weekend to do whatever he wants and have quiet-alone-time. Everyone needs that now and then.

Flying out tomorrow . . . can't wait!

1 comment:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

Isn't it always a -ville in the south! I didn't know your were heading out of town. Give me a ring when you get back to G-town. Hope you have a great time!