As Lola nears her second birthday - we've had a few (seriously though, just a few) incidents that require a "time out." Mostly because we tell her multiple times not do something (i.e. bang her cup on the table, jump on the chair, yell at her friend) and she continues to do it. There is always a warning, and then I remove her from the situation, place her in the corner, and she sits for a minute.
It seemed to worked. Maybe too well.
Now she puts herself in time out. If she does something that she knows is even mildly wrong, she will look at you sweetly and say "time out." It's almost like she appreciates a minute to herself every once in a while. Come to think of it, if I could reliably count on the fact that banging my cup against the table would result in a minute of silence by myself - I'd be doing it at every meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment