Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Inadequacies

If I'm being honest with myself, I struggle to get dinner on the table almost every single night.  It's not that I DON'T get dinner on the table.  I do.  It's just not particularly good.  I have a few stand-bys that are my go-to meals . . . but how often can one possibly prepare turkey burgers or chicken piccata?  Ideally, I like to be able to throw less than 5 ingredients together, add heat, and call it done.  The less measuring utensils I have to use the better. 

All this to say that my kitchen inadequacies were grossly highlighted tonight when Husband arrived home, after a full day at his job (which is way more demanding than tutoring high school math - by the way), and proceeded to prepare (from scratch!) panko crusted chicken, pesto pasta, and a mushroom and onion cream sauce.  And not the short-cut cooking that I do (where you add Italian dressing to the chicken and call it marinaded).  He actually put multiple ingredients together in a saute pan and MADE A SAUCE.  Oh well . . . at least I still have nicer handwriting. 

No comments: