Saturday, January 1, 2011

Then and Now

Last night I got to reminiscing about New Years past - perhaps in the spirit of an op-ed that my brother in-law passed along. I thought about a particularly fun New Years I spent with one of my best friends, Amanda, about 7 years ago. And inevitably I reflected on how much my life has changed.

7 years ago I ....
Wore: a black sequined skirt with an off-the-shoulder black blouse and heels
Applied: some shimmery body powder
Ate: from the all-you-can-eat buffet, but really just enough so we didn't get sick
Drank: champagne of course, plus amaretto sours and tequila shots
Kissed: a boy
Fell asleep by: 3 am

Last night I ...
Wore: my husband's old fraternity shirt and a pair of running shorts
Applied: an anti-aging cream I got as a free sample 3 years ago and just found in the bottom of a drawer. It smelled like it had aged a bit itself.
Ate: take out chinese food
Drank: decaf of course (I did add a bit of amaretto for old times sake) and a shot of Nyquil
Kissed: a boy (as well as a sweet baby girl goodnight)
Fell asleep by: 10:30

7 years ago I woke up on January 1 thinking it had been the perfect night. And today I feel the exact same way.

1 comment:

danielle said...

I like it! Great thoughts. Can I see a picture of this skirt and off-the shoulder shirt?