Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A long wait

Now that I'm back at work, I'm having to pump breast milk twice during the work day for Lola's bottles. The maintenance guys installed blinds on my giant glass-paned door and I am comfortable as long as I lock the door, prop a chair under the doorknob, and turn out the lights.

Today someone knocked. And out of habit I shouted "just a minute." But it wasn't going to be just a minute. It was going to be 19 minutes, to be exact. Apparently, sometime in the minute that they were waiting they remembered WHY I had the blinds installed on the door and they left. But I don't know who it was - and so I am forced to feel awkward and embarrassed in front of everyone. Great.

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Bless your heart!!! But, go on girl! You are doing Lola such a great service by continuing to give her breastmilk...I know that it is such a hassle with the pump and the blinds and the time, etc. but truly --- hats off to you!!!