Monday, August 23, 2010

Part Time!

So much to say. Lola continues to grow like a weed. She rolls from back to belly and belly to back, and no longer seems surprised with herself after doing it. She can pick up her pacifier and put it in her mouth (although sometimes not in the right direction) and she is ALMOST sitting in a tripod (with her hands out in front). (She does it, but you have to be right there to catch the inevitable topple.)

Last week was her first full week of daycare. And I'm not sure who was running the poll, but whoever had "2" for the number of days I would make it before quitting is the big winner. At least I tried to quit. Somewhat unsuccessfully.

To make a very long story short, I am now working three days a week, and I will have Mondays, Fridays (yeah playgroup!), and Thursday mornings home with Lola. I am so excited I can't stand it. Working out her day care was a bit of a hassle as well - but we finally were able to finagle our way to a part-time arrangement - at least until another full-paying baby comes along. So I suck at quitting, but I think I ended up with the best of all worlds.

2 comments:

Libby (not necessarily on the label) said...

We would hire you part-time too you know...just sayin'...

danielle said...

YAY!!!! That is so exciting Lauren. I know you are thrilled. I can't wait to see you at upcoming playgroups.