Friday, May 1, 2009

National Freak Out Day

Today is National Candidate Reply Day for high school seniors. Basically, the date that their deposits are due to the college of their choice. I don't remember the college selection process being particularly freak-out-worthy. I applied Early Decision, got in, withdrew my other applications . . . next thing I knew I was moving into Turman East and showing up for classes at White Hall.

But today was a particularly emotional day. There were last minute decisions and last second changes (one girl literally made her decision as she was planting her little toothpick flag into the giant United States cake that represents which state they will be heading for next year!)

Mostly, I cannot believe that I met these kids just 9 months ago, and that we made it through the college search and application process together with minimal scarring and bruising (emotional or otherwise.) I will be somewhat sad to see them go.

No comments: