The resident program here is fantastic and we are fortunate to be in the program with some of the most wonderful guys and wives imaginable. At least monthly, we all get together - sometimes to celebrate something, sometimes just for a slice of pizza. This month, one of the precious babies of the program is turning one - and we got the cutest evite inviting us to her first birthday party celebration - an Easter Egg Hunt.
As I hit the "reply" button, dozens of semi-witty and somewhat self-deprecating responses came immediately to mind. Mostly stemming around the fact that while, as members of the Jewish community, we've never actually been to an Easter Egg Hunt - if it involves finding and accumulating some sort of hidden treasure (as I believe it does) - we certainly feel that we could kick any goyim's tuchus from here to next Tuesday.
But I can't write that. Because I'm not sure the humor of it will be appreciated. So I backspaced my reply (which I KNOW would have be appreciated by my brother-in-law, Mindy, and any number of my my uncles) and instead wrote: "Can't wait to celebrate."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Husband is lying. Doug use to hide plastic eggs with candy in them all over the house on easter. However, I have no recollection of my mother particpating or even being home at the time. hmm.
Post a Comment