Here is a brief description of my new brother-in-law, as given to me by my own in-laws when he first swooped the sister off her feet over two years ago:
A crossword wiz. Can complete the Sunday Times puzzle. In pen. Blindfolded.
Scored an 850 on the SAT Math section alone. Even though the scale only goes to 800.
Has perfect pitch. Can play any tune after hearing it only once. (Including challenging piano pieces such as "Rushing to a fire in a hurry")
Could be making millions with his sharp analytical skills, but chooses instead to work in the world of non-profit. (Has since been revised to: "Realizes the importance of providing for family and has therefore put his own passion for non-profit on hold in order to build a nest-egg").
(And for the record - only three of those turned out to be true!) For years I was the favorite. The one who loved their child. The one who could do no wrong. Next thing I know I'm sleeping on the couch and picking through leftover sprinkled donuts for a bite to eat in the morning. I guess the most important thing is that he loves the sister. And for that, we love him. Welcome to the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
to laugh or to cry - i'm torn!!
so wonderful.
Post a Comment