It's Homecoming Week. You remember . . . when every day was a different "theme" that you had to dress-up for. Today was "Nerd Day." Kids came to school wearing thick glasses and pocket protectors, carrying around calculators, and wearing their pants up to their underarms. I couldn't help but feel a pang of self-realization. I vocalized my own childhood "nerdiness" to a fellow teacher, pointing specifically to my own glasses as evidence. He assured me that poor vision did not exile one to nerd-dom.
While I agree with that, I believe it may have been the orthopaedic shoes, eyepatch (yes, you read that correctly), head-gear, and complete lack of fashion sense that pretty much solidified my personal placement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From one nerd to another:
Embrace your former nerdom because... yes babe, you were a nerd and I was your nerdling friend. And embrace the fact that you have only gotten less nerdy and more fabulous with age.
Post a Comment