Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sleeping Beauty


Allen doesn't love sleeping at night.  This is most likely because he LOVES sleeping during the day.  You say - "keep him up for longer stretches during the day and he'll sleep better at night".
I say - "Great plan.  Here's how it's going so far:"


Here I am bouncing him (almost violently) on my legs to keep him awake. 


I had to stop to take the picture . . . but here I am rubbing his hands, fists, face, and sternum to keep him wide eyed and alert.


Trying several techniques at once here - taking him outside into bright light, fresh air, and tickling/poking him. 


Laying him at awkward and seemingly uncomfortable angles.  Some say this one works like a charm. 


The baby book says sitting him upright will cause his eyes to just "pop open" like a baby doll.  Riiiight. 









No comments: