Wednesday, July 18, 2012

By George, I think she's got it!

WARNING: POTTY POST

I have hesitated posting this (major jinxing potential) . . . but I think we can now say that Lola is official potty trained! (Daytime - Nights to come later.)  We rolled up the living room carpet (literally) and started on July 2 by "throwing out" all of our diapers and spent two stir-crazy days at home, naked from the waist down (Lola only, I continued to wear clothes).  By Wednesday (Day 3) we ventured out to Lowes for our first out-of-the-house errand (I figured they have concrete floors and allow dogs inside - so surely they wouldn't be too upset if we had an accident there).  The first three days were a little hit-or-miss . . . she is a pee-camel and only goes a few times a day, so our "learning opportunities" were few and far between, but by Day 4 she seemed to be getting the hang of it (still required a good deal of prompting).  I'll spare you the graphic details - but suffice it to say that we now feel pretty comfortable heading out almost anywhere in our big-girl underwear and have even started using public bathrooms without the aid of our little travel potty-seat this week.  Come to think of it, her last accident was last Thursday (July 12) which was her first day back at school after the training, so definitely to be expected.  We are so proud of her for this accomplishment, and pretty darn proud of ourselves for sticking with it through the first few days of totally uncharted territory for us.

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Hooray!!! Wow! Such huge news! Way to go!!!