Monday, February 7, 2011

Gratitude

Today I woke up at the crack of dawn with my daughter.  I made her bottles and fed her breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.  We played for hours in the living room and ventured out to a little gym class where we did somersaults and played with bubbles and bouncing balls.  We did countless laps through the kitchen, dining room, and hallway as she held my hands and "walked."   During her naptime I washed her bottles, put away her toys, and did her laundry.  I gave her a long bath and sang every song I knew about ducks (and there are a lot of them).  We read 4 books before bed.  As I turned down the lights and got ready to lay her down to sleep, she looked up at me with the most beautiful blue eyes and clear as a bell said, "Daddy."  Works for me.

No comments: