On Tuesday, my family lost its matriarch - my Grandma Susie. The grief is still too raw.
I'm having a hard time putting my sadness and her greatness into words - but Frank has managed to capture it so elegantly - please read his words in place of mine for the time being.
A Funeral in Liberia
Grieving from Abroad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Lauren, I am so sorry! So sorry. I'll give you a call once things settle down over there.
Lauren, I heard from Roz about the passing of your grandmother.I am so sorry for your loss, there is nothing but time to ease the ache. I also did read your cousins Frank's posts..Remembering your beautiful wedding toast for Dana&Mark, i'm sure your eulogy was equally eloquent and lovely. The stories of her life, remembered & shared, which make you all laugh and cry..the gatherings that continue, the love you all share, is her legacy that she was here, that she made a difference and that she will live on in your hearts.
Post a Comment