Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Day My FatPants Died

Everyone owns a pair of fatpants. The pants they wear during times in their lives when they need a little extra "room" in their clothing. Most people pull out their fatpants for a particular time of the month or a the few days after a big vacation. I've been wearing mine since 2006.

I currently own three pairs of fatpants. Black, brown, and grey. When rotated with my one pair of jeans, two pairs of crop-pants, and a handful of skirts - I somehow manage to get get by with this limited selection.

But today, tragedy hit. The lever in my car that allows the drivers seat to recline had come off, and all that was left was the skeletal piece of metal sticking out between the drivers seat and the door. My grey pants snagged on the metal as I got out of the car, and I was forced to place my carry-out order at the neighborhood Italian restaurant with a pretty noticeable tear in the derriere of my pants. As I'm mentioned before, my car is dying a horrendously slow death - so truthfully, I should have seen this coming.

With only 2 pairs of pants left in my wardrobe, I fear that I will have to make my way to the store pretty soon.

To my grey pants: I'm devastated. I doubt I will be able to find another pair of pants that fit as lovely as you did. We have been through a lot together, and you (and your fabulously loose waistband) will be missed.

No comments: